Because I used this activity as a whole-class language lesson in a preschool classroom, I used visuals in the recipe:
- Vocabulary (ingredients, recipe, flour, measuring cup, squishy, scented, etc.)
- Sequencing (First, next, then)
- Verb tense (I am pouring the water, I poured the salt)
- Following directions ("find the salt and pour it in this cup," "make a play dough snowman")
- Executive functioning/pragmatic language (use with a group of students. Have them make a plan, give each other instructions)
- Expressive language (have students describe the procedure after you are finished; students describe what they make)
- And so many more!
If you'd like a copy of the recipes (large quantity and small quantity versions), head on over to Carrie's Speech Corner to download! Hope you enjoy!